Thursday, March 22, 2012

I Know Someone...Emotional day

Early in the morning on Friday I got in the middle of two women announcing their pregnancies and talking about hearing their baby's heartbeat during their ultrasounds. Not exactly the kind of place I enjoy being. As you know, the ultrasound room is where we've gotten all of our bad news...that our babies were no longer living. I sucked it up and got out of the situation and did what every good woman would do, called my friend to see if she or I would be picking up mochas. It's hard....I am thankful to be a waiting to adopt, I wish it could be easier.  I loved carrying my babies in my belly, I loved Jamie rubbing my belly every night and I loved walking around proudly with my belly showing the world that I was going to be a mom. 

I was sipping my mocha and feeling a little down when the phone rang.  It was a good friend, she told me about a friend of hers that new of a potential adoption situation.  Talk about perfect timing.  It was just the glimmer of hope I needed to put the spring back in my step.

I emailed her our adoption profile and we're doing what we've gotten so good at...waiting!  :)  I'm sure it's a long shot, but at least it's a glimmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment